3A- My entrepreneurship story
I have always been interested in entrepreneurship ever since around early highschool. I read articles and stories about Elon Musk and Jeff Bezos and was instantly hooked. One of my close friends and I were really fascinated by business owners and wanted to hear their story and learn from their life experiences. Going into our senior year we decided to pitch the start of an entrepreneurship club to the school board. They loved the idea and we ran with it. After school twice a week we would invite local business owners and entrepreneurs to come in and speak about their business or anything involving entrepreneurship. It ended up being a hit and by the end of the year the room would be packed to listen to the speakers we brought in. Once I saw the course option available at the University of Florida I knew I had to register and that’s the reason why I am in this class today.
Hey Johnny,
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed your post and relate to it because I was also interested in entrepreneurship in high-school but never had the wherewithal to actually set up a club for it. I think having a partner is really great for these types of things because you can keep each other motivated. I feel like your story was great but that it could have benefited from more elaboration on what the entrepreneur club was and the struggles you faced getting it set up.