4A- forming an opportunity belief

Over my time at the University of Florida I have noticed one flaw that is reoccurring for most students. Yes, going to college is about getting a good education, building an appealing resume and setting yourself up for the future but all of that stress needs to be released somehow. Most students of age go to Midtown bars to have a good time and drink with their friends but the main problem with midtown, do to high consumer demand, is the lines are 50 plus minutes long. I would solve this problem by putting cameras by the front door that would live stream through an app allowing people to view the length of the line at any time so they can just view the line and see when its shorter rather than waiting in it. I discovered this idea because i grew up surfing and there is certain apps and websites that allow you to check the waves rather than wait at the beach all day. I pitched this idea to a friend at class, a roommate and a home town friend. My classmate suggested making it a website first since coding apps is tough. My roommate said he liked it and thought it would work in the Gainesville area. My home town friend said that it wouldn't really fix the problem.

After speaking with people who would possible use this idea it gave me a lot of touches i can add to make it more appealing. Also, marketing will be huge, word spreads quickly on campus and if its marketed correctly with the right people it will be successful.


1. I think most of my idea is still in tact. People are lazy and rely on technology so theres a lot of opportunity for this.

2. Yes, i still think that there is a lot of opportunity for this idea and it was highly praised which gives me confidence.

3. I think once they've created a name for themselves they can start to look into adapting their product towards customer suggestions.

Comments

  1. Johnny,
    This is a great idea! I'm from cocoa beach so I also have previously used online surf-cams to see what the waves are like. I believe I heard that there is even an online camera for the Southwest Recreation Center. Technology is very big and i'm sure people would take the time out of their day to make use of your app or website. The only difficulty might be getting the cameras in position, however, you might be able to team up with some of the local bars.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog