6A- Identifying Opportunities


1)   One opportunity in the economic sector is an opportunity to create a new crop using technology that is more resilient to disease and grows faster. Another opportunity in the economic sector is to increase the amount of renewable energy use in farms. An opportunity related to regulatory change is to design a new formula 1 car that is more efficient on gas used due to the changing regulation on gas tank size. Another opportunity is to start a cannabis delivery service in California.

2)    I found this opportunity when considering the growing needs of food production and that many crops have been struggling with disease. This opportunity exists because a more resilient fast-growing crop will increase farmers profits. The prototypical customer is a farmer. It is a relatively difficult opportunity to exploit that will] require a lot of scientific research.

2- I found this opportunity when reading an article about the high costs of watering large fields on a farm. Using solar panels as a power source to water large fields would save a lot of farmers money. The prototypical customer is a farmer. The opportunity is difficult to exploit because currently the cost of installing the solar panels in high, but if we could bring those costs down the profits would be incredible.

3- I found this opportunity when researching about regulatory changes coming to formula 1 racing in 2019. The rules on the amount of gas being allowed in the tank is changing to increase the amount allowed. This is a major opportunity for the redesign of formula 1 cars engines for formula 1 racers. The opportunity is relatively difficult considering the high degree of knowledge and ingenuity required.

4- I found this opportunity when I discovered California’s new cannabis regulations allow it to be delivered to homes. This is a very large and growing market and a delivery service is something a lot of people would want and use. The prototypical customer is anyone who smokes cannabis.


Comments

  1. Hey Johnny. I think it's crazy that you mentioned increasing the use of renewable energy in farms. One of the things I mentioned in my own article built on the fact that countries like Britain are trying to phase out coal completely. This means that renewable energy will become increasingly more important. I think one thing you could improve on is providing links to sources and organizing the information in a more grouped way. All around great work though. Really relevant and real trends were identified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Johnny,
    I think you have identified some great opportunities. I think looking for ways to have a more sustainable and efficient agriculture is always something we should be doing. I also like how you mentioned a cannabis delivery service in California. I think the marijuana market is going to be growing and holds many opportunities.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Johnny,
    I think think you did a great job identifying current trends, above all those regarding the development of more sustainable farms and the one about the creation of a marijuana delivery service. I believe the eventual marijuana legalization will create one of Florida's fastest growing new markets. Also, I agree that the redesign of formula 1 cars is, as you said, a difficult opportunity, just due to the level of investment and expertise that's required.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog