7A- Testing the hypothesis

1. My venture that i would like to pursue would be live feed video on an app that gives live updates of the lines at midtown. Everyone hates lines and would rather periodically check the cameras to see when it is short and then go rather then go in blind and wait for hours.

2. This app would be primarily for college students above the age of 21 that spend their nights at midtown bars or downtown bars. What would it do? it would allow live feed of the lines, like some surfers do to check the waves, to see when the right time to go is and where is easiest to get in. Why? because lines are one of my least favorite things to deal with and i felt like there was an easy fix to the problem. By staggering the traffic of students going into the bar rather than all at once it would eliminate most of the line.

3. I would test this idea by marketing to college students just like myself and have my friends and brothers in my fraternity try the app and let the word of mouth spread from friend to friend. I think that it would be slow at first but once it built some recognition it could expand to other college campuses and eventually to clubs and bars around the world.

4.
Interview 1: Casey Lessard. I interviewed Casey, my roommate, on the idea and this was what he responded. " I like the idea and i think it appeals to most everyone we know. Ive gotten to mid town on busier nights and went straight home because the like was over an hour long. I think installation and consent and cooperation from the bars will be the hardest part."

Interview 2: Daniel Chams. I interviewed Daniel, a friend and employee at a midtown bar, and his response was " I think it would be tough to pull off. Everyone already has group messages where they talk about who's at that bars and length of the lines. Also getting bar management on board would be tough."

Interview 3: Sean Murtha. I interviewed shaun, Graduate student and manager at Swamp, and he stated " I think this idea could really help us increase sales. It would allow consistent flow of sales and help the bar tenders not get overwhelmed with a large crowd all at once. also fir grad students allow them to go at the right times ever once in a while because we don't like the large crowds like we used to."

Interview 4: Jack Lewis. I interviewed Jack, Fraternity brother, and he loved the idea saying " Dude ya! I think everyone would use it because especially during big football weekends the lines are crazy long and it would let us hang at our apartments with our friends longer and go at the right time."

Interview 5: Cade Green. I interviewed Cade Green, long time friend, and he liked the idea as well. " It definitely appeals to everyone, it would kinda be like a cheat code to the lines. It would give you an advantage to wait the least amount of time compared to people not using the app."

Comments

  1. Johnny,

    I can see how your opportunity idea comes from your life experience. I think for this exercise, though, the purpose was to talk with people in an open-ended way, to discover is this topic is in fact an issue/opportunity for them, without hinting at or leading them to your proposed solution. We were not to present our idea, but rather gather information.

    I think you could benefit for the remainder of the related assignments by interviewing more people, from various walks of life, and asking them about their experiences.

    As for the implementation of your idea, I think you would want to look into the legality of having people visible on live feed. Are there not privacy issues with that? What happens if sick (potentially criminally-minded) people use this as a way of tracking potential targets whom they may wish to stalk upon exit from said establishments? These are the concerns that immediately came to my mind, and are worth considering as you flesh out your idea.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog